Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Workout Wednesday

bluemoon | 6:30 AM |
Hey all,

Hope y'all have had a fantastic week so far. Today I am sharing my Wednesday morning workout routine as well as a weight loss tip. As mentioned in an earlier post, I lost 36 lbs in 2013 and have kept about 32 of it off. This was a lifestyle change for me and not a diet. I have stumbled along the way; gaining a few pounds and losing it. I am a real person with real life issues and responsibilities so the journey will not be perfect. The goal is to get back on track after you stumble.


Workout

My workout today was a HIIT (high intensity interval training) routine free on YouTube from fitness blender. The whole routine is 94 mins but I only did 60 mins.

Weight Loss Tip: Food Swapping

The tip I have for you today is food swapping. Did you know that you could cut as much as 500 calories daily by making healthy food swaps?

Prior to losing weight, one of my favorite daily treats was iced cappuccino. I always ordered large which was a whooping 700 calories...and I would have it with a meal. I did not want to give up my treat but could not imagine downing that much so I found a way to make mine for just under 150 calories.  The first step is to know what your favorites calorie dense foods are and research how to make it a healthier way!

If you are just starting on your journey, I recommend counting calories. You have to know what goes into your body to know how to expend the energy. I used an app called My Fitness Pal and it changed the way I saw food. You can download on your phone, tablets or use online.

Disclaimer: I am not a fitness and nutrition expert. Just an ordinary woman trying to stay healthy and fabulous and motivating others who choose to do so as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Search

Pages

Powered by Blogger.