Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Alan Ladd's Wife Claims She was Drugged and Raped by Bill Cosby

bluemoon | 8:14 AM |
Cindra Ladd
Another day another Bill Cosby rape accusation. This time it's Cindra Ladd the wife of Oscar-winning Hollywood producer Alan Ladd Jr.  Cindra, a philanthropist and former entertainment executive, claims that the Cosby drugged and then raped her back in 1969. 'It was obvious to me that he had had sex with me,' she wrote in a Huffington Post blog. 'I was horrified, embarrassed and ashamed. There was a mirror above the bed, which shocked me further.'

Ladd recalls she was 21, single and living in New York City when she met Cosby who was then 32 and already married to his wife Camille. He asked for her number she willingly gave it to him and they started see each other casually.


One night the pair were supposed to see a movie, but when Ladd said she had a 'terrible headache' Cosby was quick to offer her a pill. 'I asked a couple of times what it was,' she wrote. 'Each time he reassured me, asking, 'Don't you trust me?' Of course I did.

This was Bill Cosby.' After that, Ladd says her memory was a blur although she vaguely remembered watching a Japanese samurai movie. 'I don't remember where the theater was nor very much of the evening,' she wrote. 'What I do recall, vividly and clearly, is waking up the next morning nude in the bed of his friend's apartment and seeing Cosby wearing a white terrycloth bathrobe and acting as if there was nothing unusual.'

Ladd didn't however alert the authorities. 'It never occurred to me to go to the police,' she wrote. 'It was a different time and 'date rape' was a concept that didn't exist.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Search

Pages

Powered by Blogger.