Sunday, January 18, 2015

Reasons To Let Go Of Grudges.

bluemoon | 8:30 AM |

Have you ever been wronged so bad that you feel like the wrong doer just gotta pay? You hold on to the anger and grudge for as long as you can and in some cases even cut the person out of your life. I have been there. It is human nature to want some penance when we are wronged. However does keeping a grudge make us feel better?

The great Gandhi once said, "Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong." I so agree because when I forgive and let go of a grudge I feel better. I don't feel weak instead I feel elated, courageous and lighter.

Based on my experience, here are a few reasons you should not hold on to grudges:

To forgive is divine - Leave forgiveness to God. We are humans and are bound to err. Forgive when people hurt you because you are not perfect yourself. However you know better not to trust that person again.

Stress - Research show that holding on to anger and bitterness causes stress. With traffic, work, kids, bills etc. who needs one more stress? I got 99 problems and a grudge wont be one of them.


Sleep better at night - Ever found yourself plotting how to get back at someone who wronged you and losing sleep over it? I have! Sleep is very important so to spend your nights angry and fuming over someone else is just not worth it. Let go and sleep well.

Wrinkles - When ever I am angry or keeping a grudge I tend to look older. My lines become more prominent and I lose my glow. Let go of that grudge and retain your youthful glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Search

Pages

Powered by Blogger.