Monday, January 19, 2015

Trending: Billy Crystal Says Gay Scenes on TV Are Pushing it Too Far

bluemoon | 8:34 AM |



Billy Crystal who once played a phenomenal gay character on the 1970s series “Soap" is saying that some television depiction of gay stories are too much for him. He says; “Sometimes I think, ‘Ah that’s too much for me’… Sometimes, it’s just pushing it a little too far for my taste, and I’m not going to reveal to you which ones they are.” He added, “I hope people don’t abuse it and shove it in our face… to the point where it feels like an every day kind of thing.”

Do you agree with him? As a TV junky, I have certainly seen a surge of gay relationships in a lot of shows. For me I think the issue that should be addressed is over sexualization of certain scenes period...be it involving gay or straight couples. Do we really need to see boobs and half genitals to know that a couple had sex on a network show? Nah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Search

Pages

Powered by Blogger.