Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Let's talk about sex...baby

bluemoon | 9:17 AM |

I literally mean baby because Ontario Canada's, revised sex-education curriculum will teach babies about sex! Grade 1 (6-year-old) students will learn about proper names for body parts and how to understand non-verbal signals such as facial expression and tone of voice while Grade 2(7-year-old) students will learn about the stages of development and related body changes along with the concept that “no means no,” as well as some elements of verbal and physical violence. By Grade 3, students will learn about same-sex relationships.

The first thing that comes to my mind is; are children so exposed to sex that a 7 year old would understand what he/she is saying NO to? Also, are they suggesting a 7-year-old could say YES but should say NO instead...would a rapist take "NO" from a 7 year old?????  Needless to say, I strongly believe that teaching a child about sex related topics at a tender age of 7 is unnecessary!


I do not have a problem with teaching children about proper names for body part because I did so with my kids around age 5.  My older kids are 10 and 9 are of the age I feel they should know more - but that should be a parent's decision not imposed by the government. Why do you want to teach children as young as 8 about same sex relationships when they do not even grasp the notion of SEX period! It seems there is a hidden agenda to me...in time it will unravel. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Search

Pages

Powered by Blogger.