Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Madonna compares ageism to racism

bluemoon | 10:03 AM |
Can this woman just accept growing old gracefully and shut her trap! Comparing being sold as a slave, hung, beaten and degraded for one's color to aging. Just stop!

In the new issue of Rolling stone, singer Madonna talks about ageism and compared it to racism. "No one would dare to say a degrading remark about being black or dare to say a degrading remark on Instagram about someone being gay," Madonna said. "But my age - anybody and everybody would say something degrading to me. And I always think to myself, why is that accepted? What's the difference between that and racism, or any discrimination? They're judging me by my age. I don't understand. I'm trying to get my head around it. 

She also went on to suggest ageism is mostly aimed at women. "We still live in a very sexist society. It's just like I said. It's the last great frontier. Because women, generally, when they reach a certain age, have accepted that they're not allowed to behave a certain way. But I don't follow the rules. I never did, and I'm not going to start."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Search

Pages

Powered by Blogger.